- HOW DO I FERTILIZE MY PLANTS?
- By using PLANT TABS especially for aquatic pond plants. Insert one per pot once a month. Water lilies
and lotus need fertilizing ever two weeks to promote blooms. Never use granular or liquid type (miracle grow) because this will feed
the algae and turn your pond green.
- HOW OFTEN DO I CLEAN MY FILTER?
- If it is a IN POND FILTER, clean on regular basic (once a day or more, to once a week). If it is a
EXTERMAL FILTER, only clean it out as needed to allow water to flow freely. Only rinse out pads enough to allow water to pass through,
never completely wash the entire filter because you will lose the biological setup. Never us any cleaning agent.
- HOW MUCH SHOULD I FEED MY FISH?
- Only feed what they will eat in 5 minutes. Once to twice each day. Net out any remaining food after
- SHOULD I FEED IN THE WINTER MONTHS?
- When the water temperature drops below 50 degrees feeding should cease. Fish are cold blooded,
their bodies will shut down from the cold and food will not digest.
- SHOULD I RUN MY PUMP IN THE WINTER MONTHS?
- You do not need as much circulation during the winter, because oxygen is more ready available
in cold water and fish are more dormant. However moving water will allow a opening for toxic gases to escape and oxygen to enter.
Careful with massive water movement, this will cause water to freeze deeper.
- WHAT DO I DO WITH MY PLANTS IN THE WINTER?
- Hardy plants will survive the winter by trimming them back and sliding them to the deepest
part of your pond. Tropical will not survive if left outside. They must be brought in to the heat along with sunlight.
MORE QUESTIONS GIVE US A CALL AT 256-233-3474